X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krba
    • Apr 2003

ssa editor

Anyone knows:

Does exist some kind of editor for makes ssa type of subtitles format.
    Suppose - grab the picture from avi, then this picture becomes background of editor, then choose colour, size, type, position, efect, ... of fonts and save - and this becomes line (with all ssa parameters, ready to virtualdub's plugin, subtitler?
    (for example)
  • t3ch
    H4x0r of Gibsons
    • Mar 2003

Well, if you're looking for one-stop software, you're not gonna find it. I've tried about every program I could find and they all act quarky.

I use SubRip to make the original .ssa from the .vobs.

I use Subtitle Workshop to make any FPS/timing changes needed.

Finally, I open my file in MaestroSBT for formatting.

As a side note, subrip doesn't recognize your character set when 2 different subtitles are on the screen. What does this mean to you? If you want something in the background (say, a radio being subtitled while characters are talking), you can just run subrip again and go through MaestroSBT with it, and make all the double subs a different color.

Hope I haven't confused you any lol, let me know if I answered your question fully or not
    OGSTH! my webpage
    ----------------------------
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• krba
      • Apr 2003

[QUOTE]Originally posted by t3ch
      [B]Well, if you're looking for one-stop software, you're not gonna find it. I've tried about every program I could find and they all act quarky.

[K]Well, I found _something_ - Sub Station Alpha
      (can you imagine)

[cut]

[B] Finally, I open my file in MaestroSBT for formatting.

[K]Thank you.

[B]As a side note, subrip doesn't recognize your character set when 2 different subtitles are on the screen. What does this mean to you? If you want something in the background (say, a radio being subtitled while characters are talking), you can just run subrip again and go through MaestroSBT with it, and make all the double subs a different color.

[K]Exactly I did it. BUT in one pass. (Virtualdub and filter subtitler) and two .ssa sets (mask.ssa, visual.ssa).
      mask: chars, fat outline, shadow same color,
      visual: just chars without shadow... and you know, characters are going to talking, just fine

Regards.

Comment

Working...