X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • giulav
    • May 2003

how to convert audio file

Hi

please, I would like to know why during the conversion with TMPGENc from AVI to MPEG it does'nt compair the possibility to encode the Audio file too.

I hope to receive some suggestion, and , anyway the indications about my mistakes during the conversion

Thanks in advance

giuseppe Lavecchia
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use NanDub (or VirtualDubMod) to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Load your original .AVI into NanDub
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose - and choose "No compression(PCM)"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).
    Open TMPGEnc and "drag and drop" the silent .AVI onto it, then do the same with the .WAV file

Comment

Working...