X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lingoguysw5
    • Jun 2003

Ac3 with Virtualdub Stuck with renaming

Newbie by the way

I have a movie and the video codecs are Xvid and audio Ac3, which are downloaded. I am trying to get the audio to work so I can encode it all on tmpgenc. The problem is as per instruction I open Virtualdub load the file click audio direct stream.

Now this is the confusing bit I am supposed to save it as a wav file and when it has finished saving rename it to xxx.AC3 and that is what I don't understand as that won't change the format will it but just the name? Also I don't get the warning "If u change a file name ext, the file may become unusable " Are u sure u want to change it." The I am supposed to open AC3 tools to do the conversion from AC3 to Wav is that correct? If someone can enlighten me much appreciated or offer me a site apart from dvdrhelp.com/userguides because that is too vague for me
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If, in fact, the audiostream is in .AC3 format, you don't have to go through any of the audio conversion you've described. Instead, do the following:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

Working...