Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris026058
    • Aug 2003

Question about the file "divxenc.ax"?

OK. Firstly, my favorite tool to encode dvds to divx is Intervideos DVD Copy. It is very simple, yet very efficient. I tried DVDx, but it wasnt able to keep audio sync with most types of cartoons and anime. And I dont want to use GK or DVX, because, hopefully I dont sound like a newbie saying this, I want an all-in-one solution. With IV DVD Copy, I just rip the DVD to my hard drive with SmartRipper, encode the DVD to Divx in one step, and burn to CD. So please dont try to change my mind about GK or DVX, I just like it simple. Anyways, the only fault I see in IV DVD Copy is the lack or resolution settings when encoding in divx. It only gives three settings. I first tried changing the encoder properties of the actual divx settings. Then I figured out that IV DVD Copy must use its own divx codec. The only file I could find in the directory of IV DVD Copy that has anything to do with divx is divxenc.ax. So I was wondering if divxenc.ax is the file where the divx settings are located. And if it is, can I take the one from \WINDOWS\system32\ and put in my IV DVD Copy directory, overwriting the other one. So then I will manually be able to change the resolution settings, outside the programs default settings. Maybe Im coming off crazy here, but its the only thing I can think of. So, if this sounds like it could work, please let me know, or if theres another way I could possibly do this, dont hesistate to tell me. And yes, I know most of you use GK and DVX, but Im pretty satisfied with IV DVD Copy, except for that one inconvenience, so I probably wont be changing my mind about using it. Thanks.
Working...