Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kobra83
    • Sep 2003

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use Adobe Premiere to make a self-made cartoon.
    I've just taken the new Premiere 7.0, and the DivX 5.1 codec.
    When I export the movie, it comes out always in a REALLY bad quality. I tried to change the Bitrate, used Multipass, but nothing worked.
    Can anyone help me? Please!!!!!
    Thank you
    Kobra
  • StarRide
    • Aug 2003

Change the settings one at a time to determine what is causing the bad quality,

eg. If your cartoon is small, try using uncompressed RGB or HUFFYUV codec instead of divx, and if it is still really bad quality, then it cannot be divx codec.

Comment

• Kobra83
      • Sep 2003

Alright, I tried what you suggested and it worked: it was good. So it HAS to be the DivX. I'd really prefere to use DivX, so do you (or anyone) have any other suggestion?
      Thank you
      Kobra

Comment

• StarRide
        • Aug 2003

Alright, good to know that it is the divx settings that is causing bad video quality.

There are many guides around the place on what divx settings you should use, so search around, read a few and try some out.

Here are some setting you might want to try out for 5.1:
        Performance/Quality: slow
        Do a Multipass 1st pass with a bitrate > 800 (should be sufficient for a low motion/detail cartoon)
        Write MV file.

Psychovisual Enhancement off
        Pre processing source off
        scene change threshold 50%
        max keyframe interval 300
        source interlace: encode as progressive

You might want to turn feedback window off by clicking on settings and click on disable feedback window.
        And after the 1st pass is finished, do a 2nd pass, change the mode to Multipass nth pass and click OK, you dont need to change any other settings.

These are not the best settings but they are usually pretty good.

Comment

• Kobra83
          • Sep 2003

I tried and... well... really unwatchable!! Anyway, I found out that I can convert my file with Virtual Dub after having exported it with another compressor. So, if you don't have any more ideas I'll do it that way.
          Thank you very much for your help
          Kobra

Comment

Working...