X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gatts
    • Oct 2003

Beginner needing help with TMPGEnc training

Ok so by the subject you know i'm a beginner so plz dont think i'm a moron
    Ok where should i start well thinking naively that avi-dvd creation should be easy i used the wizard on tmpgenc and did the usual placed the avi file in the wizard and went through the process and after a while i was finished with conversion (happily thinking yes it works something i haven't tried before works!!, but as usual life gives you kick right down to the ground) when playing the file through media player there was excellent video quality yet no sound wot has gone wrong plz help

also some more info
    1. just used tmpgenc
    2. file converted to m2v file (dont have a clue wot this means)
    3. original file audio format mpeg layer-3, video compression divxmpeg4 v3
    4. havent used nandub (dont know what it is or how to use it)

plz someone out there be kind and help me cos i really need some thanx for reading this post
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"file converted to m2v file (dont have a clue wot this means)"

This is a video-only stream (The silent video that you played with Media Player). You should have an audio file with the same name as this ".M2V" file, with an extender of either ".WAV" or ".MP2".

The next step would be to load both the video and audio files into "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• gatts
      • Oct 2003

hi havin a problem again now first time i used the wizard it worked fine (turned into a m2v file) encoded second time it overruns if u know what i mean the source position should be 25 mins for example an avi file it goes up to 1 hour + i've tried to do it again but same result also i have tried it the manual way (mpeg2 file) but still same result, wot is happening here and how do i solve it plz help
      thanx for reading this

Comment

Working...