X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thrawn
    • Jan 2002

little question on all that record TVcards with DivX using VDub

ahem do u all have 100 GB drives??
    i have 40 GB and dont have that much space to record 2 hours (35 GB or so??), so why u always use virtual dub along with divx when there are progs out there that make same job much better (just for recording via tv cards guys)
    The Grandadmiral was here!
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

Most of the guys at Divx>Conversion/Encoding forum don't record Via TV Cards but from DVD's
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

I do capturing myself from TV, I don't do DVD-rips.

Listen, with DIVX:

if u are capturing directly to DIVX 3.11alpha then the quality is not great. However, if u use DIVX 3.11alpha fast motion 6000bitrate then the quality is reasonable.

A 2 hour video/film in DIVX will be about 2GB or 2.5GB, it shouldn't be more than this thus u r safe with the file size restrictions.

I always capture using no recompression which gives HIGH quality because there is no compression involved. to capture a 2 hour vid in no recompression mode:

use AVI_IO and select the video and audio settings,

this program will capture your video over several avi files because this avoids the file size restrictions. U then load VirtualDub and opne these files and append them as one file and save as DIVX file.

Techno

Comment

Working...