Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kannkor
    • Nov 2003

Cutting VBR, or changing them to CBR.. help

I have a movie, and am trying to cut some of the excess out of it to reduce the file size. This isn't a problem using Virtual dub, but it's got a VBR, and it says the audio will be 39567 ms out of sync, and to convert it to CBR and try again if I don't want that.

I've read most of the posts about audio out of sync and aren't really sure where to go from here. I tried a walkthrough where you change the offset, and that didn't help.

I've read a bit about Virtual Dub Mod, will this do it?

If not, is there any walkthroughs, or if someone wants to type up quickly how I can extract the audio, change the VBR to CBR, then recompress it? I saved the audio out of VD, but don't know where to go from there.

Thanks.

kannkor@comcast.net
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) Save with a new filename

Comment

• Kannkor
      • Nov 2003

Ok, I'll try that. What I got to work was opened it with Virtual dub Mod, and just said NO to rewriting the audio, and it worked fine. But I assume that leaves the audio as a VBR, will that cause problems at all later?

Your way, does it change the BR at all? Thanks for any more information.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Your way, does it change the BR at all?"

The audio will be changed to Uncompressed PCM (.WAV) audio - which should remain in synch when you perform your "cutting". After cutting (in VirtualDubMOD or standard VirtualDub), you can then convert the audiostream to (CBR) .MP3 to reduce the filesize...

Comment

• thanhvn
          • Jun 2002

why don't you try NanDub, and always cut at key frames only. it works every time for me.

Comment

Working...