Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shechemworks
    • Dec 2003

motion jpeg to divx conversion

I captured hi 8mm analog video from a Sony video camera using a dc10+ video card in a p4 machine with 512 memory and 128 ati card. I used Studio 8 software (more or less designed for the dc10+) since Premiere Pro 7 apparently only functions with a dv input. Studio captured the video at the highest quality setting into an avi file using motion jpeg or mjpg compression. 1 minute of video requires 360mb of space. The capture is excellent quality.

I need to know what application to use to convert these avi - mjpg files to avi - divx, or something similiar, in order to greatly reduce the filesize. Encoding these files with Dr. Divx results in a file with no video for some reason, only audio. Alternatively, attempting to capture with Dr. Divx or Virtualdub, or iuvcr, or anything else that would create the initial file in a small size and bypass this conversion problem, doesn't capture properly or at all (perhaps because the dc10+ only works properly with Studio).

Is there an application to convert between these two types of compression, or alternatively, to capture from the dc10+ properly and create a file type reasonably small (20-30 mb per minute)?

Thank you.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Have a look see at www.showshifter.com
    they do a nice capture software for quite a few hardwares, don't know off-hand if dc10+ is one but their site should tell you.
    The DVB version I'm using has DivX conversions from the recorded streams
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...