Divx video Scrambles after ripping by Dr.Divx...........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kelvinjohn
    • Dec 2003

Divx video Scrambles after ripping by Dr.Divx...........

Hey guys whats up, I have a little problem with Dr. DIvx that I ripped a movie name SIDEWALK OF NY, 2 times and every time when Dr. is done, and I play the movie, the movie is scramles and you cant see anything on it. Another thing is that when I put my own parameters for making one CD for 700MB/650MB, the Dr. kept making the file for 810MB, this is pretty strange. Just to let you know that I rented this movie from BlockBuster and trying to rip it, does it make any sense for these problems or no. Please anyone who had the same experience share the information with me and help me out in this regards. Thanks in advance.

"Just to let you know that I rented this movie from BlockBuster and trying to rip it"

Just to let you know, it's against the rules of these forums to ask about copying/converting/duplicating media that you don't own...

Comment

• kelvinjohn
      • Dec 2003

Hey setarip

I asked your help, not criticism + the name DIVX is all about copying a DVD on CD, is'nt it, no matter where you copy it and how you copy it, if its not, then what you doing here in this forum if you care that much about BLOCKBUSTER. I could download this movie from the internet but I wanted to explore how this software works and you are preaching me the COPY RIGHT ACT, how lame it is.........

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I asked your help, not criticism"

There's no criticism - merely a statement of fact...

(I didn't mention anything about the "COPY RIGHT ACT" - only forum rules)

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

"and I play the movie, the movie is scramles and you cant see anything on it."

Have you defeated macrovision prior to ripping with Dr. DivX?

Comment

• kelvinjohn
            • Dec 2003

Hey Enchanter, thanks for replying me back but got a question, as Im new to this forum, what is MACROVISION? I have no idea, I got the Dr.Divx from Kazaa and was using it for the first time, can you explain little bit, I would appreciate it. Hey Setarip, no heart feelings buddy, Im new in this forum so I apologize for that, thanks in advance.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Basically you need to rip the DVD files onto your harddrive using rippers that disable macrovision (i.e. Smartripper, DVD Decryptor, etc.). After ripping, use Dr. DivX (or any other conversion software) to create the .avi file. Does the same problem occur?

Regards.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"what is MACROVISION?"

Macrovision is a form of copy protection.

It causes the video to "pulsate" periodically, going from very bright to very dark. Another version of Macrovision places a wide white band across the middle section of the video...

Comment

Working...