Avi DV -> Divx/Xvid Multipass: Black Screen..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Otacon87
    • Dec 2003

Avi DV -> Divx/Xvid Multipass: Black Screen..

Hi!
    I'm a newbie in DivX/Xvid conversion,but I've read some guides...
    I've tried to Encode a video acquired from a Samsung Digital Cam and then to compress a normal video downloaded from Internet but...If I use the Multipass,1st pass encoding 25/30 fps,same video resolution of original video, the only result is a BLACK SCREEN,The audio is OK,and if i use Multipass,nth pass and 1-pass it's OK...The same problem is with XVID!

Computer:
    Processor: Amd Athlon 2100+
    Motherboard: Asus a7s333
    Videocard: nVidia GeForce4 MX440+ (asus)
    Ram: 256 DDR
    Windows Version: Windows Xp Professional

That's all,please Help me!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

"If I use the Multipass,1st pass encoding 25/30 fps,same video resolution of original video"

After the first pass, you need to continue with the second pass (keeping the conversion settings the same as the first pass). The resulting video from the second pass will then be viewable.

Regards.

Comment

• Otacon87
      • Dec 2003

I've tried to do 1)First pass -> Multipass 1st pass and then multipass nth pass...but the screen is BLACK...In The options doesn't appear SECOND PASS...
      Then I've tried to encode using Multipass,1st pass ->Multipass nth pass...NOTHING!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Have you tried it with XviD? XviD does not have the multipass option; all you need to do is carry out the first pass (2 pass- 1st pass), followed by the second pass (2 pass - 2nd pass Ext./Int.). In addition, does the program you are using in conjunction with DivX/XviD properly display and play your source?

Regards.

Comment

Working...