Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonmck
    • Dec 2003

HELp needed for converting DV-AVI to DIVX

I have virtualdub, and a DV camcorder. I have copied the DV file to PC and ovnerted it to type 2 using panadv.

BUT, I cannot get a good divx file - the video works fine but audio is useless - it either goes too fast, or is WAY out of sync, or does not work at all.

I am a REAL noobie so need easy advice.

Also would WMV be easier as it come straight out of windows movie maker
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Make sure that you use the same sampling rate (original and post-compression) for your audio compression. This should help you avoid off-synch. problems.

Regards.

Comment

• jonmck
      • Dec 2003

Not sure what you mean I'm afraid - how can I tell the original sampling rate?

Thansk for you help

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Open the file in Virtualdub, and go to File -> File Information. Under the Audio stream table -> Sampling rate, you will be able to tell what audio sampling rate your source uses. Keep that information in mind when recompressing the audio, especially when using an audio encoder that offers the ability to resample the audio stream.

That said, you need to make sure that the frame rate of the video is not altered as well, since that is another path to off-synch. audio hell.

Regards.

Comment

Working...