Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlim0930
    • May 2003

resizing filesize with virtualdub

I am trying to find out how to resize(filesize) the video with virtualdub so that i can get it to fit 1 cd

so far i have been using dr divx but on some of the files esp if the source was 2 divx5 files joined and i open with dr divx the app will crash. Also i have found that some videos will be resized in dr divx upside down..

so i am trying to learn how to resize the filesize using virtualdub

so far my understanding is that you load the video to be resized and change the compression on the video and audio using the bitrate calculator? is this correct?

on my virtualdub i do not see any video compression codecs listed such as divx 3.11/4/5 but i have those installed

on my system i have installed the k-lite codec full package then the divX 3.11 then the divxpro 5.0 but none of it shows up in virtualdub

is there a way to scan my system to find those codecs? or is it a automated process and how can i get my virtualdub to find it

Thanks in advance
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

when you open Vdub click on the video tab
    you have to choose fast recompress, normal recompress or full processing mode to access compression. use fast recompress unless you have a certain reason not to. next click on video again and click on compression. this will open the window that lets you choose your codec to encode with. highlight your chosen code and click on configure to set it up

Comment

• jlim0930
      • May 2003

i tried that but the only codecs i see listed is

Cinepak codec
      intel indeo
      intel yuv
      ligos
      microsoft h.261
      microsoft h.263
      microsoft RLE
      microsoft video 1
      xvid mpeg-4

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

avicodec will tell you the codecs installed on your system. i never had any problem with Vdub. it shows the divx codec for me. i personally prefer xvid over divx, but that's only my opinion. i think xvid gives a little sharper picture and i'd definitely say it's faster. you can do a search thru windows search for divx and see what that turns up. let us know what os you're using and maybe we can be more specific. also version of Vdub.

Comment

Working...