X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Impo
    • Dec 2001

Really Need Help !!!

Hi everyone,
    I'm leaving this post cause I'm really in trouble for conversion.
    I used quite a long time FLASKmpeg and always satisfied me.
    Two monthes ago I discovered Xmpeg and now adopted it for my conversions.

I've upgraded my computer from a PIII 1GHz to an AMD Athlon XP 1600+ ( I thought that conversion would really speed up ) because AMD offers much speed in video editing.
    I tried converting with Xmpeg but values weren't so satisfying. Then I read some articles on internet and found that speed would really increase by using YUY2 instead of RGB.

Here comes the problem. I really can't use YUY2 or YU16. the program always says me that the overlay is not possible; These are the exact words: "Overlay surface is not available. Most of graphic cards must supported it ( ... ) If a video application is running try to quit. Conversion will work, but nothing is dislpayed....... ".
    Infact, when I use it, conversion is quite fast [fps:20-22] but then the AVI file size predicted is passed by far. Ex: prediction 1.2 Gig ---> 2 Gig (with YUY2)
    I tried everything to make YUY2 working but it is now 2 monthes I don't get any result. What should I do ?

My system:
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    MB: ECS K7S5A ( latest BIOS )
    GC: GeForce 2 MX 32 MB
    SC: SB Live! Player 1024
    HD: Seagate 40Gig 7200 t/m

for DivX: Xmpeg 4.2a with DivX codec 4.12

I think is all you need to know !!!

Thank you !!!
  • LordByron7771
    • Jan 2002

Hey man: 2 things
    About the overlay...... don't care about it, all of us have the same problem ...... NO PROBLEM do it anyway.
    About the size. Its imposible if youre configuring the codec right.
    I'd been doing the same thing and my predictions are exactly... so you might have changed some configuration in the codec setting. So tell me exactly what numbers are you using, secially on the area of the Quantizers and all of that, in fact, tell me all the numbers in your codec config and maybe I can help U.

Chau

Comment

• Impo
      • Dec 2001

Hi,

you were right.
      I have always made a mistake in my configuration.
      I found the problem and everything works fine now.

Thank you !!

Comment

Working...