X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperG03
    • Jan 2004

Error Joining VBR Audio PLZ HLP!

Hi all,

I am having a wierd problem. I have this XVID video file that is too big, and I am converting it into an XVID that is smaller. But the audio on the original XVID is VBR. So, I open up the orig video in Nandub, and "save WAV" as an .MP3 file. Then I open up Vdub, and choose audio -> no audio, and video xvid 2 pass with my new file size. Then I go back to nandub and open up the new video file, choose direct stream, and then audio I choose VBR MP3 audio, and select the file I had made. Now when I choose save as avi, it asks me for the file name, I choose one, and click save. But as soon as I do that, I get a nandub has crashed, and in the window, it says error, access violation. I have tried multiple times, always same result. What could be the reason for this? I don't know of any other way to join video and VBR MP3 audio together Please anyone help. TIA.

SuperG03
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I'm not au fait with Nandub but you said "save wav" as mp3?

In VdubMod "save wav" is just that, save .wav
    Do you not need to demux to produce an .mp3 or save wav to make a .wav?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

SuperG03,

Here is one way you can shrink an "over-sized" video file:

1. Open video file in VirtualDub (or any of its modified versions).
      2. Set Video tab to 'Full Processing Mode'.
      3. Set Audio tab to 'Direct Stream Copy'.
      4. Under Video, select Compression and choose the DivX/XviD codec. Input the new bitrate that you have determined using a bitrate calculator. Choose 2-pass encoding mode in order to minimise loss of quality.
      5. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file.

Regards.

Comment

• jlim0930
        • May 2003

Enchanter,

which 2pass encoding do you recomend ? when i looked at it there was about 3 choices to pick from

Thanks

Comment

• SuperG03
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Enchanter
          SuperG03,

Here is one way you can shrink an "over-sized" video file:

1. Open video file in VirtualDub (or any of its modified versions).
          2. Set Video tab to 'Full Processing Mode'.
          3. Set Audio tab to 'Direct Stream Copy'.
          4. Under Video, select Compression and choose the DivX/XviD codec. Input the new bitrate that you have determined using a bitrate calculator. Choose 2-pass encoding mode in order to minimise loss of quality.
          5. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file.

Regards.
          That definately sounds easier than what I am doing, but quick question, doesn't VDub NOT support VBR audio? Whenever I open up the video file in VDub, I get the standard improper VBR detected, blah blah, will add +/- audio skew or something like that. Would choosing direct stream copy allow you to bypass that problem, and keep the VBR audio correct in sync with the video? If it will, then it is definately worth a shot. Thanks.

SuperG03

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

jlim0930,

I prefer the conventional 2-pass encoding algorithms (i.e. no nth passes for me). XviD and DivX codecs support 2-pass encodings. You are free to experiment and choose which suits you best.

SuperG03,

Use VirtualdubMod instead. It fully supports VBR audio streams (unlike the original Virtualdub).

Regards.

Comment

• jlim0930
              • May 2003

Enchanter,

Thanks for the info!

but whenever i try to use the xvid codecs with vdubmod i get the -100 error .. is there a fix for that ?

Also as far as SuperG03 s post
              i am using vdubmod and i still get the VBR audio streams error messages once in a while

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

jlim0930,

You could try resetting the XviD configuration to the default or even re-install the said codec. As to VBR audio stream problem with VDMod, can you tell me the exact error message?

Cheers.

Comment

Working...