X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fresco
    • Dec 2001

aviSynth - bob - Virtual dub - .vob ??

Hello,

I'm trying to compress a movie that is interlaced (so you get those nasty white horizontal lines). I managed to use AviSynth ("bob") to make an .avs file that can be opened with Virtual Dub. In Virtual Dub the frames look very nice now !!

My question is: what to do know ? I want to use Flask or xmpeg, whatever, to make a divX movie.

Can I use Virtual dub to save the file back to .vob ?
    I tried saving to an uncompressed .avi file, but that takes a little to much diskspace (a few hundreds of gigabytes...).

Thanks,
    Fresco.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I tried saving to an uncompressed .avi file, but that takes a little to much diskspace (a few hundreds of gigabytes...). "

If you have one of the DivX compression codecs installed, you can readily save your video, from within VirtualDub as a compressed Divx-format .AVI. The resultant filesize for a 90 minute movie should be in the area of 600 Megabytes, rather than 100s of Gigabytes!

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Fresco
      • Dec 2001

I'm having another problem now with virtual dub.

I have a file "movie.avs", it contains:

DirectShowSource("c:\vobfiles\vts_01_1.vob")
      bob

When I open this in Virual Dub the interlacing is gone, but after saving the final avi something weird happens. If I play it, it plays 3 frames then plays those 3 frames again, then it plays the next 3 frames, then those 3 frames again. Like this:
      1-2-3 1-2-3 4-5-6 4-5-6 7-8-9 7-8-9. Very jerky off course!

It's a pity Flask doesn't open .avs files.

A solution could be if aviSynth could execute the bob filter on the frames in the vob file without converting to another format.

Fresco

Comment

Working...