Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InnerCityBlues
    • Jan 2004

TV Tuner Card Noise Cleanup

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to this forum so I hope I am in the right place.

I recently bought the ATi All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro Video Card and I began recording television using the TV tuner card. One thing I noticed with the broadcasts was the noisy quality of the image, especially in animation and cartoons. I wanted to record shows like Justice League and Chappelle's Show for myself and I want to know what software I can use to best filter this out.

I can somewhat adequate results with the filters packaged with capture software, but there in order to full cut out some of the noise, there are artifacts (like echos of the image on the screen).

I've used VirtualDub and smoothing to 100% seems to be a start, but how can I get rid of more of the graininess of the broadcast?

I capture in MPEG2 and then convert it to AVI. I've also used DScaler, but that only let's you watch the video, not filter and save it.

What software can I use to clean up this video?
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

take that card back - you made a big mistake buying it

you will have problems after problems after problems

read my capturing guide for best results for only < £40 UK! (click on sig)

update your drivers for your capture card, direct x, motherboard (chipset)

make sure that the capture card is not on the same IRQ as your other PCI devices (and chipset for that matter)

but really, if you want near DVD or better quality for only < £40 UK - buy hauppuage WinTV GO PCI! - you wont regret it

ATI are nothing but problems and customer satisfaction and service is very poor - trust me on this. now im almost a master at capturing and making near DVD quality captures

follow my guide - you should be fine

Comment

Working...