Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HaploMan
    • Feb 2004

please help re: superfast playback

Well, ive been trying to rip this movie for about 2 months now.

i used CladDVD.net to rip it into a single .VOB file on my hard drive, now im looking to encode it into something a bit smaller than the current 5 gigabites it is currently consuming.
    It should be noted that the .vob file plays fine in Media Player Classic, with the only oddity being that the file shows up as being 128 hours long!

however when i tried encoding it into any codec (ive tried DivX 4 Hi and Low motion, 5.05, 5.1. 5.11, and XviD) using VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1
    (Audio being encoded in OggVorbis (Mode 3+) at 128kbps) the resulting avi always has the following property:
    It plays back in fast forward, the time code is correct, and the audio is in sync, but its going way too freaking fast

I have also tried using DVD2AVI to make a .d2v file, and while it shows 23.9xx as the frame rate, again playback has it going in fast forward

please help! ive been banging my head against this for the last 2 months.

Thank you
    -HaploMan
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I am, as I'm sure you are, curious as to why your result is playing fast but ...

.. at a mere 5Gb I'd be tempted to author it to a DVD structure on your hard drive, then run DVDShrink on it.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...