X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Live_Life
    Suspended
    • Feb 2004

I am going to compare the GK + DVix guide with the guide attched

I am going to compare the GK + DVix guide with the guide attched, the guide attached is similar to what I use to do when I use to encode, when I begin agian, I will compare both guides to see witch one gives better results ( File is attached )
    Attached Files
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

Flaming hell, good luck with that guide, i could NOT go by that, i don't want to sound to babyish but it does'nt exactly have that many picture's/illustations to show you what to do. I think i would get mixed up with that. really i think the best way to test something is to go by what you think yourself because half of the default setting's and what they reccomend is'nt exactly true or the best solution, take for instance on doom9's guide they advise you not to use wide search in the XviD codec because it does'nt improve quality, what a load of twaddle (my slang). mode 1 decision is the least best quality out of the four, and i'm saying that because i have tried it. This coming from the people who test codecs professionally or whatever.

P.S my advice is just to experiment with thing's your self and then say how you come about getting the quality i.e resolution, b-frames and whatever else your using.
    Computer Fanatic

Comment

• zx50
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Aug 2003

doom9 has a better gordian knot guide though!!
      Computer Fanatic

Comment

Working...