how to convert divx movie from 29.97fps to 23.976fps?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thanhvn
    • Jun 2002

how to convert divx movie from 29.97fps to 23.976fps?

i have a divx movie (video: divx511 1157kbps 29.97fps, audio: lame mp3 96kbps abr) that i want to down convert to 23.976fps while keeping everything else the same.
    i tried vdubmod1.5.10.1: load the avi file, set audio to direct stream copy, set video to full processing mode, set framerate to 23.976fps (see attachment), set compression to divx511 multipass 1st pass with bitrate of 925.6kbps (which is 80% of 1157kbps), then save avi as. but i got an error "Cannot start video compression: The source image format is not acceptable (error code -2)".
    what should be the correct way to do?
    Attached Files
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"what should be the correct way to do?"

You could try another divx codec in "Compression" before you save.

Comment

• thanhvn
      • Jun 2002

i will try your suggestion with xvid to see if that would help.
      but my thoughts were: different lossy codecs would throw away different data bits. recompressing with the same codec would minimize the quality reduction. there's no reason why divx511 can't properly decompress and recompress its own material (if my setup was proper).

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2002

You could put it through GordianKnot and choose to IVTC, which i believe will change the framerate to 23.976. At the same time you can choose you lower (80%) bitrate. If you need help to perform this i would look at www.Doom9.org guide as it deals with ntsc material.
        MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
        Look here before posting questions

Comment

Working...