Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackel0
    • Mar 2004

Cranking Up the Volume in DVDtoOGM

Just started using DVDtoOGM (1.4 and now 1.41.1 update) and it's the answer to a maiden's prayer, and mine. But is there any way to increase the audio output volume during the process? Couldn't find anything on the Audio tab or in the Guide.
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

I haven't tried DVDtoOGM yet, but if it does not have a feature to boost the audio, then you can process the audio separately. First, demux the audio from the video. There are several ways to do this, such as using VirtualDubMod (in the streams menu, demux to WAV). In any case, once you have a separate audio track, load it into GoldWave, and select Effects - Volume - Change and boost it as much as you like. Then Save As OGG, with the same bitrate as the original. Remux the audio back with the video, using one of the VirtualDubs or NanDub. Hope this helps.

Comment

• jackel0
      • Mar 2004

Thanks, megamachine. I can probably follow that if I work my way through it tiny step by tiny step, but I'm hoping there's a simpler way for newbies. OTOH, maybe it's time I learnt a bit more. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...