Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparkyboy767
    • Apr 2004

Deleting Video From XVID

Hi! I'm a bit of a to the world of video conversion (I usually just sit back and let DVD2SVCD do all the dirty work for me), so please be kind! I've got a small problem that I'm trying to fix but can't seem to do on my own so I'm throwing it out to you (it's probably very simple, and I'll be kicking myself for it) Anyway:

I have an Xvid that loses sync about 1/3 of the way in when there appears to be a set of bad frames (picture freezes and jumps around a bit). After this point the audio is offset (out of sync) by the length of the "bad frames" (about 1/2 second). However, I have scanned the file multiple times with multiple programs and have been told that there are no bad/corrupted frames.

What I want to do is delete the bad video frames (which are essentially extra/duplicate frames as far as I can tell) without deleting any audio with them. By doing this I hope it will bring the audio and video back in sync for the last 2/3's of the .avi

Can anyone tell me how to do this? Or is there a simpler way?

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW: I've tried deleting them in VirtualdubMod, but it hasn't worked (perhaps I've been doing something wrong?)
Working...