X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1GKar
    • May 2002

Audio out of sync from TV series DivXing

Hi,

I have been backing up my Babylon 5 DVD box sets. I successfully and without incident divxed the first two seasons.

When I Gordian Knot the third season, the four programmes on each DVD are out of sync to varying degrees: the first one is perfectly in sync but the other three aren't. And each programme (ie. 1,2,3 or4) will differ with each DVD. Any ideas?

Also, the first two seasons were copied when I had a different OS installation (I had to do a total repartition & install to solve capturing/modem issues).

And, this probelm does not occur with divxed movies.

WinXP Home wSP2
    Gordian KNot 0.28.7
    DFI Lan Party NFII Ultra B mobo
    512mb PQI ram
    ATI GV-R9000Pro video card
    1x SATA HDD
    2xPATAP HADD
    Winfast TV2000XP tuner card
    Winfast PVR software
    AGV free edition antiviral software
    Zonealarm ver5.5.062.004

PS. will try with latest GK version AND all apps shutdown just in case it could be the antivirus programme. Will post results.
    Last edited by 1GKar; 20 Jan 2005, 04:13 PM.
  • 1GKar
    • May 2002

Tried it with the latest version of GK and apps shut down, the issue still exists though I like the direct encode into Matroska.

Comment

• 1GKar
      • May 2002

Also,

GK 33.1 did not:

1) encode the complete DVD -only about 1 hour 41 minutes of some 2 hours 41 minutes

2) when I copy each episode Virtualdubmod ends with a warning (MKV: not enough space reserved (47475 bytes) at the beginning of the file for the KaxSeekHead. Writing one at the end of the file). Have noticed when this occurs even though I have adjusted the interleaving, the new file's audio has not been adjusted.

Comment

• 1GKar
        • May 2002

OK sorted.

The answer was so simple I was trying to make the job harder than it had to be.

I ripped the PGC files separately and there was no sync issues.

I will now practise pennance for the next three days as shown below.

Comment

Working...