Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koit
    • Mar 2002

Cutting MPEGs so that they'll play on their own

I have tried a number of programs unsuccesfully to cut big MPEG files down so that they will run on their own.

Ie I have a 700MB file that I would like split into smaller parts (maybe just 2 parts) so that they'll fit onto a CD-R. Problem is that all programs can't cope, that I have tried.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to either :-

a) convert MPEGs to AVI's (as I have an AVI chopper)

b) split MPEGs

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks all
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"split MPEGs"

Use TMPGEnc as follows:

Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. If you are making VCDs, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD", otherwise set the mode to "plain vanilla" "MPEG1" (usually this is the default setting). Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file)

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• koit
      • Mar 2002

Thanks a lot

Thanks a bunch mate. That program did the trick.

Much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...