X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andreaskorth
    • Mar 2002

sync problem with two audio tracks

Hi!

I've got a sync problem with two audio tracks that only appears with DivX 5.

Here's what I did:

I ripped the audio with DVD2AVI (no offset indicated in the filename) and encoded it with VBR.

Then I used Nandub 1.0rc2 to mux the audio tracks. The audio is in perfect sync when using only one audio track. As soon as I add secondary audio both tracks are way out of sync. I'm using Morgan Stream Switcher and tried several players (DivX, ZoomPlayer, WMP).

I've done this a dozen times with DivX 3.11 and 4 without any trouble.

Any ideas?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

From what you've described, it appears obvious that v.5.0 has yet another bug. I'd suggest you convey this to the authors - and stick with v.3.11 or 4.xxx for the time being...

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

Setarip - U RULE!!!

Techno

Comment

• andreaskorth
        • Mar 2002

Question is: Has anybody ever successfully muxed two audio tracks with a DivX 5 stream? Or even better: Has anybody ever had the same problem and solved it?

Too many people tend to blame DivX 5 for everything that goes wrong and way too often it turns out that is was but their fault. DivX 5 has some quirks - no doubt. But nevertheless it's still the best codec I've ever worked with.

I won't give up so quickly but rather get this problem solved somehow. If anybody can help me on this in a productive way - you're welcome.

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

I have used DIVX 5 for more than 20 times and tried to like it, but never worked for me, DIVX 3.11alpha was the simplest and best for me

Techno

Comment

Working...