X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrioN
    • Apr 2002

encrypted video, even after decrypting

Hi, I have a problem.

I have decrypted the encrypted vobs to my harddrive.
    I have watched the decrypted vob-files and everything is ok.
    BUT, when i encode them to divx, they scrambels and it looks like they are encrypted...WHY?!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

What procedures did you follow to create the DivX? There must have been something wrong there.

Comment

• ChrioN
      • Apr 2002

I use the neo-encoder, the app that follows with the programcollection called "Neodivx".
      The reason that I use neo-encoder is that its the only app that doesnt give you sync-problems.
      I basicly only rip anime and a little bit of cartoons (simpsons)
      Can you guys recommend me any other app(s) and give me the exact fps on simpsons and japanese animes?
      There´s something wrong with neo-encoder, thats for sure...

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I don't use Neo-encoder, so I can't help you on what's wrong there.

However, I can guide you to this one link on Doom9's site. My method follows closely to his and the results are really great. None othes have come close to it. The link is: http://www.doom9.org/sbc_main.htm

If you feel it is too hard (I have no idea if Neo-encoder is just another easy-to-use tool like Flask), you can look around for other guides, like Gordianknot.

Comment

• ChrioN
          • Apr 2002

as a matter of fact, i hate those "easy-to-use-apps"....

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Alright. Perhaps you could try giving the method in that link a try. I have ripped heaps of anime and the results are just fabulous (Wish I was an anime fansubber).

Comment

• ChrioN
              • Apr 2002

ok...cool...what framerate do you set? animes are like 12fps i think?

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

The DVDs I work on are NTSC type (30 fps). Since these animes were originally FILM materials (24 fps), I had to convert them back to this frame rate using Inverse Telecine (the straight answer to your question is 24fps). Great method. Hardly any interlacing artifacts left and more bitrate per frame.

You might want to try a lower framerate, but 24 fps is the commonly used one (In fact, I have never seen any other fps being used, apart from the odd ones).

Comment

Working...