Any conversion tools for 800x600 picture?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnbrowsing
    • Apr 2002

Any conversion tools for 800x600 picture?

Hey, is there a way to encode above 720 x 576. I use flashmpeg and xmpeg, and this is the max. res.

Ideally, I would like a size around 800 x 600, are there any conversion software available that allow this.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanx
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sure, you can do this in VirtualDub by using the "Resize" filter - but why would you possibly want to do that?

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

upsizeing in flask is possible (just tested it)

But unless you are aiming for 3 or 4 CD rips, you will get better quality with a much lower resulution.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Using such a high-resolution will guarantee that lower-spec systems will choke during its playback.

Comment

• johnbrowsing
          • Apr 2002

The reason i want to increase the picture size is because i have a tv out card, and want to watch the movie on tv at full screen.

In any case, most movies i convert take just over 700 Mb, which is a bit more than can be fitted on one disk, but not enough to fill two. So rather than leave a disk mostly empty i'd prefer to fill two disks with higher res. picture.

Can someone advise me how to increase the size with Flakmpeg, or ideally with Xmpeg to 800 x 600 (or 592).

Thanx for your help.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

What bitrate are your movies using anyway? Unless it is above 1000, you'd be better off using the more standard resolutions.

Comment

• Erci
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Nov 2001

I watch lower res on my tv all the time and it's no problem at all

//Erci
              DVD Backup Guide

Comment

Working...