Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • augurk
    • Apr 2002

Problem with editing sound in Adobe Première 6.0

When I open a divx movie in Premiere, drag it to the timeline and play it, I can't hear any sound. Though, when I just plainly open a divx movie in premiere, the sound works fine... I tried everything I can think of like re-installing the program, using another operating system (using XP now), re-installing divx and using 3.11a instead of 5.0, re-installing nimo's codec pack 5 with all the features checked... So is there anyone who can help me? I can't seem to find anyone on any forum on the internet who has the same problem, so I'm really beginning to wonder whether I'm just stupid

Please help if you can..

Thanx,

AuGuRk :x

• johnbmx4christ
    • Nov 2001

no..just half stupid..haha..just kidding..
    put the divx into virtual dub and "save wav" or "save as wav"
    it will make a wav file to also import into premier.resync in premier also.
    john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• augurk
      • Apr 2002

That's a good one, thanx
      But isn't it a bit strange that I can't just hear the audio track in premiere while it's still attached to the video part??
      Must be some way to make it work...
      I'll be getting a lot of material to edit, so if i have to make wav files of all of that it'll flood my hard disk space away like hell
      Anyway, this is a good temporal sollution
      Please let me know if there's any way to make it work like it should..

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
        • Nov 2001

thats true..
        you did make sure that particular audio track is turned on right?
        check the project settings..etc and make sure everything matches up.other than that..i dont know what to tell you..i always change my stuff to wav..but then again i usually am creating my own video and sounds.
        john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• augurk
          • Apr 2002

Yes, the audio track is turned on.
          I found out that when i put an mp3 file on the audio track beneath the avi audio track, that when I play it it doesn't even let me hear the mp3 track beneath it, which shouldwork of course.
          When I put it above the avi audio track it does work.
          Don't know if that is something of a hint of what could be wrong??
          As far as I know the project settings are okay, tried several options...
          But of course I could have overlooked something since there's many combinations of settings possible...
          Maybe you could give me some pointers on what it basically could be that I am doing wrong?
          I really don't know what to try anymore you know
          About virtualdub btw, when I try to cut an avi and just direct stream copy it, the sound doesn't work either Maybe that has something to do with it too...

Thanx again for being willing to help!

Comment

Working...