Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poopity poop
    • Apr 2002

Nandub Encoding Page

I've finished my page with a step by step process of how to go from DVD all the way to DivX using nandub. If anyone is interested check it out. Its bent more toward anime encoding:

It will soon contain a tuturials for DivX 5 and SVCD encoding
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I had a quick look through your comparison between vFAPI and Avisynth, and I thought I could share a few of my findings.

I personally don't notice much speed difference (in terms of fps) between these two methods and hence either is fine with me. However, IVTC performance of TMPGEnc is superior to that of GK. A few times I tried using both. GK more than oftens lets through interlacing artifacts, whereas TMPGEnc has done a neater job at it (though not perfect). Lastly, I'm used to doing cropping & resizing manually with nandub filters, so the automatic settings of GK is not a necessity to me. I personally use vFAPI because, as you've found out, of the better IVTC results of TMPGEnc. True, it is very slow, but as long as I get good results, I don't mind that.

Comment

• poopity poop
      • Apr 2002

Not wishing to sound rude or anything, but, I don't think you looked thought it very carefully, because I didn't state on either of the pages to use GK for iVTC. GK as a use for all-in-one encoding is still a bad idea, and it uses IVTC4 as its method to put into an avisynth script which is not the best method of ivTC imo.
      The only methods I state on my page or decomb though avisynth and tmpeg. Tmpeg does a fine job, but DeBomc is accually better. I just brought up GK for ecf creataion, and bitrate determination.
      My page is living on borrowed time though, nandub is no longer in development and the results one can get from DivX 5 or XVid, or my personal favorite SVCD's, and X(S)VCD's will surpass nandub shortly. That's why I'll be updating my page with SVCD and DivX 5 tuturials over the summer
      Last edited by poopity poop; 20 Apr 2002, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Admittedly I didn't have a thorough read of the guide (Hence, the word quick look). I'll read it again when I have the time (and will ^_^).

Comment

Working...