Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ham
    • Jan 2002

Nandub audio compression setting

I have an mpeg file which I'm trying to convert to avi with nandub. I have put in 128kbps in the bitrate calculator. Now what setting should I choose for the mpeg layer-3 audio compression? The mpeg file is around 1Gig and I want to encode it to 700Mb. Please advice me on the audio compression setting.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

128 kbps for your MP3 compression setting, of course. You put that value in the calculator. What you should be more concerned with is the bitrate of your video.

Let's see. You know the play length of your video and also its filesize. Inputting those values, as well as the MP3 bitrate (which is 128kbps, in your case) into the calculator should yield you the predicted bitrate for the video compression.

Lastly, have you read the guides for nandub? You will need to have some knowledge on it before proceeding.

Comment

• Ham
      • Jan 2002

I mean, what do I choose in the audio compression menu?

I have a list of:

56kBit/s 24000Hz Stereo 7Kb/s
      48kBit/s 24000Hz Stereo 6Kb/s
      40kBit/s 24000Hz Stereo 5Kb/s
      56kBit/s 22050Hz Stereo 7Kb/s
      48kBit/s 22050Hz Stereo 6Kb/s
      40kBit/s 22050Hz Stereo 5Kb/s
      etc..

Which one should I choose given my case?

I'm setting the audio to full processing mode.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Have you got any choice of higher bitrate? If not, you may need to look at other threads that point to this problem. There are many recent ones here. I'm just too tired from retyping all those recommendations.

Comment

Working...