X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apnoea
    • Mar 2002

DivX 5.01 probs (&4.01)

Hi-
    I've been encoding with div3 for a while now with no problems whatsoever, and finally downloaded 5.01.
    The problem now, is that I can't skip through a div5 file!
    Clicking on the slider in VDub causes it to seize up- I haven't waited any longer than 5 minutes (time to brew some tea) and then have to kill it.(ctl-alt-del etc)
    It's slightly better in media player but if i click too far forwards, it doesn't ever seem to find the frame.
    Playing the file normally (lineally) seems to be fine.

Div3 had no such problems- Are there any settings I should use to prevent this?
    I'm using all default settings except for 2 pass-second pass at 780kbps. Quality itself is fine.

Any ideas anybody?

And, I've had a few probs with both 5.01 & 4.01 with an error coming up 'can't open log file'. This seems to be specific for the 2-pass settings and isn't limited to any single app (dvd2avi & vdub)
    It seems to work sometimes and was better after a re-install but still crops up!

Any more ideas how to avoid/fix this prob?
    I have unchecked the 'create log file' box too.... No help.

Cheers-
    Apnoea
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Make sure you got virtualdub 1.4.10.
    And when you move the slider in virtualdub make sure you don't do anything else, untill you get a reaction from virtualdub. If you move the slider several times in a row, virtualdub will quickly become backed up trying to update the screen, and can eventually lockup completly.

As for your 2-pass encoding problems, it sounds like you are trying to use '2-pass second pass' before using '2-pass first pass', each movie you encode with 2-pass encoding must complete the first pass before doing the second. And the first pass will create an invalid avi file.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...