Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHiDo
    • Jun 2002

Getting a flipped DivX after encoding

Hi everyone! Something funny happened to me...

When I first tried ripping and encoding "Matrix", everything went just fine. The only bad thing was that my subtitles werent located where I wanted them, so I had to reencode the movie.

But then, after doing the reencoding with the proper subtitle adjustment, I'm getting a double flipped video (it's flipped horizontally and vertically), so I tried encoding one more time, but I'm getting the same results.

Do any of you know what could be happening and what made the 2nd and 3rd encodings different from the first one? Im using Guardian Knot .26 and DivX 3 to do everything.

Thanks for your help
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Do any of you know what could be happening and what made the 2nd and 3rd encodings different from the first one? Im using Guardian Knot .26 and DivX 3 to do everything.
    What could have caused this will be attributed to whatever changes you have made to either your system or encoding procedures, prior to doing the 2nd and 3rd encodings. Can you recall what? It could be something to do with your subtitle adjusting.

Try using Sasami player and see if it has any "manual fixes" (I don't use the player and so am not familiar with its features) that you would find useful.

Comment

• CHiDo
      • Jun 2002

The only thing I changed were the subtitles in GKNot

The only thing I changed in my encoding, were the subtitles position.

However, when I play the AVI file in Virtual Dub, it looks just fine, but when I play it on WMP or Power DVD, then it appears flipped.

What should I try then? Could it be a codec problem??

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I would say it is a codec problem. Are you sure you have not installed any additional (unnecessary) codecs, like the bicubic filter?

Comment

• CHiDo
          • Jun 2002

I'm almost sure I didn't

... but I wouldn't bet my life on it

In case its a codec problem, would the DivX3 install repair that??

Do I need to remove anything? Why does the Virtual Dub use the correct code and not the wrong one then???

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

would the DivX3 install repair that??
            Weren't you using DivX3 in the first place? Anyway, I doubt very much a reinstallation will remedy the problem.

Let's go back to the root of the problem. You wanted to reposition the subtitle. What were you using for the subtitle? Vobsub? And how did you do it?

Comment

• CHiDo
              • Jun 2002

I used GKnot, in the "Subtitle" part, so it uses Vobsub

I just opened the IFO file, and altered the Y position of the subtitles so they were something like X:0 Y:30, cause my original subtitles were placed too high for me.

Those are the only changes I remember

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

One more question. Does the 'flipping' problem apply to your encoded video only, or also to any other video files? That was we can isolate further where the problem lies.

Comment

• CHiDo
                  • Jun 2002

Just the encoded video. Only the Matrix file to be more specific.

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

That's strange. You have most likely set the wrong configuration in GK, I'd say. Try re-doing the movie, this time from scratch.

Comment

Working...