Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willythekid0123
    • Jun 2002

Need help fast!

Hey I got this video that is 25 fps and 38kbps I want to get it down to 15 fps and 20 kbps, is there a program or a way that I can do this I don't have enough disk space so that is why I'm trying to make it smaller.
    B.T.W. I tried to just change the frame rate but it played back in slow motion.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

15 fps will definitely cause the slow-motionness of the video. What you should do is reduce the video resolution and recompress with a bitrate that will yield the file size you want (A bitrate calculator will aid you in determining the bitrate). Virtualdub is the perfect tool for doing the job.

You posted exactly the same question a few days ago!

Comment

• willythekid0123
      • Jun 2002

what are the steps i will need to take to resize the video, remember i don't have alot of space.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

1. Open video in Virtualdub
        2. Video tab -> Filters -> Add...
        3. Choose the Resize filter and input the video resolution you want it to be down-sized to. Remember to keep the aspect ration the same
        4. Video tab -> Compression -> Select the compressor you want to use (DivX and if so, which version)
        5. Configure the compression settings. I prefer that you read some guides on codec settings (Either for 3.11 or 4.x/5.x), because it will be a long explanation and I don't have the time (nor patience) to retype everything here
        6. Check that the Video tab is set to Full Mode Processing and Audio tab set to Direct Stream Copy (Unless you want to recompress the audio stream as well)
        7. File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file.

Comment

Working...