Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jappa
    • Jun 2002

what's wrong with my divx???

I've been encoding with divx 4.12 for quite a while now and my methods have evolved from those "one click" dvd copying programs to a long process involving smart ripper>dvd2avi>gordainknot>virtual dub which gives me the next best thing to a dvd. But every time i try divx 5.x i get a very low quality version compared to my 4.12 copies. the only way i can get good quality it using constant quality 100 percent, but that = in huge file size. i've played around with all the settings and can't figure it out. I've tried encoding with flask aswell with the same result. cam someone tell me what i'm doing wrong???
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

DIVX v4 and 5 sux!

That's ur problem, projectmayo are making a bad rep of DIVX, people say DIVX v5.0.2 is the next best thing to 3.11alpha (which I DOUBT!) that's cause they have programmed it near what 3.11alpha had been programmed, by Gej (the hacker) and they say it has got nothing to do with DIVX 3.11alpha

ONLY use DIVX 3.11alpha low motion if you want DVD quality (and better) and want a low file size, which fits on 1 CD:

Techno

Comment

Working...