Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzzby
    • Jun 2002

South Park Encoding

Can any one tell me what filter and what settings i need to use to encode south park dvd's i have used a number of deinterlacing filters and all do not work.

Thanks
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You need to tell us what format your DVD is in, and also what your encoding procedures are.

Comment

• buzzby
      • Jun 2002

I normally use gordian knot to encode dvd's but i will have to use virtualdub to encode the south park's

The south parks is a PAL dvd and is interlaced in some odd ways that i can't figure out

I would like to know what filter is the best to use and what settings the filter needs to be at.

Thanks

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Use VD's built-in Deinterlacer or the better Smart Deinterlacer. That usually does the trick.

I'm currently trying out Inverse Telecine on an interlaced PAL source. I've not had the chance to completely test it, but a quick flick with Virtualdub does not indicate any remaining interlacing problems. I've yet to view the results and determine if there are any other problems to address though. You could give it a try (GK has the option for IVTC).

Comment

Working...