• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryo94
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Mar 2002

Virtualdub junk

A program called Gspot that show detailed information of avi files shows traces of junk from editing programs as virtualdub.
    What kind of junk is this?
    is it useful for something?
    can be removed?
    that happens too in mpeg files?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

A program called Gspot that show detailed information of avi files shows traces of junk from editing programs as virtualdub.
    That does not make sense. What sort of junk do you think VD leaves behind? It is only an encoder, not a junk maker. Please make sensible comments and questions. I have difficulty understanding your implications in this thread.

Comment

• Ryo94
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Mar 2002

I try to do my best to make "sensible comments and questions" but you will understand that my english is not very good (I'm Argentinean and sometimes I have to use a translator to make or reply some message)
      I know that does not make sense, for this reason I made this questions.
      I don't know how explain this but check this screencapture of Gspot (a jpeg attach) and you will see.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Have you got a link to Gspot's homepage? I can have a look around there.

Comment

• Ryo94
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Mar 2002

No, I don't have it, but you can download this little program (just 21kb) from http://dvd.box.sk

best regards.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

From what I've seen, the program simply shows information on Video files, which Virtual/nandub is capable of displaying as well. It does not seem capable of cleaning up any video artifacts, which is inherent in old videos and not necessarily caused by Virtualdub.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

You'll find a "Junk" chunk in EVERY .AVI file. It provides a blank area for the input of extraneous information. Feel free to ignore 9but NOT remove) it...

Comment

• Ryo94
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Mar 2002

Ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...