Very strange Audio Synching (in playback using NANDUB)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james222
    • Jul 2002

Very strange Audio Synching (in playback using NANDUB)

I hope soembody will be able to give me a solution to the audio syching problems I am having.

Recorded a film recorded from a Digital TV-PC Card

2 files created - 1.99gb and 800mb (avi/mpeg2?)

Encoded with Gknot/Dvix 5 and with Vitual Dub and NANDUB(for audio synching)

The audio is NOT in synch despite settign the delay values as the audio file states i.e.-330ms.

I can play around with the delay values i.e. to 0 delay and this synchs the audio more or less exacltyBUT ONLY for the first 40% of the film and then i notice that it become OUT of synch again!

I can change the delay values agian and more or less get the part of the film after 40% or so of the film IN SYNCH.

The original MPEG2/avi value recorded with the Digital PC-TV card also seems to have irregular synching properties.

when i tried playing it yesterday it seemed very out of synch - perhasp up to .35 of a second, however trying it today (on PowerDVD I think - althougjh i think it doesnt make any difference what player it is) it was in synch.

what would be the easiest solution to this problem?

i mean first I have the tedious problem of actually re-settign the delay values (ignoring the -330 value indicated in the audio file - which is very hit and miss and is quite difficult to get an absolute 100% synching. and then of course the audio then seems to change less than half way thru the film.

Perhasp it changes yet again

NANDUB is used for syching.

many thanks
Working...