Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icegod
    • Nov 2002

Audio gone after couple minutes

I downloaded a movie some time ago and it worked fine then. But now the sound goes away after a couple of minutes. What could be causeing this?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"But now the sound goes away after a couple of minutes. What could be causeing this?"

A corrupted file.

Load the file into VirtualDub and from the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as WAV". Save with a new filename, with a .WAV extender.

Play the newly created .WAV file. If it "goes away after a couple of minutes" you'll know that the audiostream somehow got truncated.

If it plays all the way through, you can then use VirtualDub to add back this newly resurrected audiostream to the original .AVI (Remember to load the .AVI FIRST - set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode". Then, from under the "Audio" tab, select "Compression" and select the same format and settings of the original .AVI. Click on "OK". Save with a new filename)

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• icegod
      • Nov 2002

The audio stream is ****es up. I can't even same it in WAV. I Always get an error. Geus I'll need to go and dig up the CD again.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Sorry to hear that my evaluation was correct...

Comment

• icegod
          • Nov 2002

It's not that bad but the again maybe it is. I spent half an hour looking for that darn CD to find out my brother took it

Comment

• icegod
            • Nov 2002

Weirdest thing is that if I start paying the movie at a bit of a later point I goes past the point were the sound previously went away. And goes away exactly after a specific time. So if I start the movie at 0 it plays 2 minutes. If I start the movie at 1min. It plays alright till 3 minutes. And so on. Every tried to watcg a movie like that it suxors

Comment

Working...