Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scooby-doo66
    • Oct 2002

strange line-effect in the bottom

Hi, I have a movie encoded with DivX 3.11 I guess. When played it shows a strange blinking green line or two in the bottom of the screen. Do you know what's wrong? Thanks for help!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Does it exhibit this problem in different players, or only one specific player?

Comment

• scooby-doo66
      • Oct 2002

All players, still the same. I tried to re-encode a segment with VirtualDub, but it does not help: using DivX MPEG-4 Fast and Low Motion, the line remains in. Cropping few of bottom lines also does not help.

With DivX 5.0.2 VirtualDub says: Cannon start video compression, The source image format is not acceptable (error code -2).

The only way to remove it is to decode it with no compression, but this will eat all my drive (. Thanks.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Cropping few of bottom lines also does not help."

If you actually cropped the lines on which this anomaly was appearing and it now appears at the bottom of a "shorter" (fewer vertical lines of resolution) revised video, I'd suggest that there's a strong possibility that the problem is related to your hardware...

Comment

• scooby-doo66
          • Oct 2002

Hi setarip! I tried to crop even a half size of the movie and the line is still there...

This is first time I experienced such problem. My hardware is quite standard: dell laptop latitude with pIII 1.13ghz, 256 ram and ge force2 video card w/ 32megs of videoram.

Maybe I'll try to play with other movies little bit, and also try to re-encode the movie again.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

By all means, play some other videos and see if the same anomaly appears.

(The fact that your hardware is "standard" doesn't mean it can't develop problems...)

Comment

• scooby-doo66
              • Oct 2002

Good move... I tried it on my other PC, but the line is still there. In the meantime I found it must be something with the codec. When I uninstall all DivX codecs from that PC and play the movie with DivX 4 or 5.0.2 codecs, the line is there. When I remove these and install 3.11, the line disappears! But then I have a second problem that the movie plays upside down...

I use the codecs from Nimo pack, is there any other way I can get them, or any other way I can play the 3.11 content the proper way? BTW: if I remove all codecs and try to open the video in VirtualDub, I got the following: Couldn't locate decompressor for format "DIV3 (Microsoft High-Speed MPEG-4 codec V3 (HackivX Low-Motion)) VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows codec... etc.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Regarding the upside down playback - your codec pack installation probably included DIvXG400 - uninstall this, reboot, then play.

If that doesn't resolve the issue and it's only a few out of many files, use the Sasami Player, which includes an option for flipping the video "on the fly".

The DivX v.3.11 codec should still be available by clicking on the DivX Digest link (NOT DVD Digest) at the top of this page.
                Last edited by setarip; 24 Dec 2002, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...