Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ceyan
    • Feb 2003

Sasami2k

Anyone know the status of Sasami2k? I love the video player, but their site hasn't been updated in a while, so I'm wondering if the developers dropped the project.

If that's true, anyone know of a supported video player similar to Sasami2k?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried emailing the author directly, to inquire if further development is being considered?

Comment

• Ceyan
      • Feb 2003

I was planning on it if no one responded here, but I thought I'd ask around first before bothering the author about it. A few friends of mine worked on a project once but stopped doing regular updates because of a big project at work, and they got swamped with e-mail about it. It really made them angry, so I tend to avoid e-mailing developers unless it's a last resort, or I can't find anywhere else to ask for information on the project.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"but stopped doing regular updates because of a big project at work, and they got swamped with e-mail about it."

All they had to do was post a notice at their website, advising that they were temporarily ("until further notice") suspending development of the product.

Actually, it's been my experience that most software authors enjoy the communication - because they thrive on knowing that their efforts are appreciated ;>}

Comment

Working...