Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddamir
    • Feb 2003

sound is after picture while playing movie

I have a problem with watching one divx movie (when harry met sally). When I start it (in bsplayer or microdvd) everything is fine. But after minute or two, sound become to be late. First is it second or two after picture, and as the movie goes, it become more and more. When I jump to some scene manually, it is good for short while, and then again same problem. I use Divx 5.0.2 and I tried with 3.11 but with no success. All other movies work just fine.
    Any ideas? Thank you.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try the following experiment:

Load the file into either VirtualDub or Nandub
    Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"
    Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ddamir
      • Feb 2003

it works!

Bingo! It worked. I just did what you said in VirtualDub and now it seems to be fine. I just have to check if the subtitle is ok. I wanted to ask you one more thing. I have noticed in VirtualDub that this movie has the frame rate 24.089 fps. Is it normal? Was it the source of my problem? And what exactly have I done by selecting these options, that you told me? I'm not very experienced with this so please don't mind for asking this. Thank you once again.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have noticed in VirtualDub that this movie has the frame rate 24.089 fps. Is it normal?"

Yes, it's perfectly normal

"And what exactly have I done by selecting these options, that you told me?"

You have interleaved the audio with the video on a 1 frame to 1 frame basis.

"Thank you once again."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...