• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kookmon
    • Apr 2003

Little Mr Sesitive

Hello all!

Here is my problem (question)

Iv been using XP now for a few months and one thing I have noticed is that it seems way to sensitive. I have a few movies with bad frames or glitches: GhostShip, About Schmidt, One Hour Photo, and Adaptation to name a few. Athough these movies have these problems they will run on most PC's just fine besides a few glitches in the picture. My 98 system will continue running the movie after the glitch but XP lockes up everytime and I have to close the player and re-start the movie, the sound will continue but the picture is frozen. This is very agravating considering I have a brand new PC with TV and Surround sound hooked to it and I have to go in my basement on my old system to finish watching a movie. I have the same codecs installed on both systems (xvid,divx, and AC3)..except ones that might of come with my (Dell)PC. Is there a way to make XP less sensitive so it will get past bad frames and continue
    running the movie could someone please let me know. Im also am aware that there is a way to remove bad frames but would rather aviod that if possible.If it runs on other systems then it should on mine to no? If more info is needed on codecs or players being used let me know and I will include it in a reply.

Thanks Much
    Kookmon
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Install good ol' reliable Windows Media Player v.6.4...

(From your desktop >> Start>>Run then type mplayer2.exe)

Comment

• Kookmon
      • Apr 2003

Thanks for thr reply Setarip but I have tried that any other ideas let me know

Thanks again

Kookmon

Comment

Working...