Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ivwshane
    • Feb 2002

No video sort of?!?

Ok so I encoded a dvd rip using gknot and divx 5.04. I was testing it out and checking the quality and everything looked good so I closed media player.

I started watching tv using dscaler and for some reason I decided to open my rip with media player again but nothing showed up, I got sound but no video. I figured it was because I was already using a direct draw app so I closed dscaler and tried to play it again, same thing, no video.

Confused I decided to reset my system (maybe there was a program that didn't close properly), anyway I try playing it again and the same thing happens.

I can't think of what the issue is, I even tried playing it with divx player 2.1 and it worked fine. So now I'm thinking something is up with my windows media player 6.4. So I burn the disk anyway and try it on one of my other machines. Same problem, no video

I ran it through gspot to see if I didn't have something installed but everything looked ok.

Any ideas?
  • ivwshane
    • Feb 2002

Well I got it working.

Apparently when I did a registry clean (using jv16's power tools) it reverted my divx 5.04 install to what I originally had, divx 5.02.
    I just simply reupdated my divx codec (now I'm using 5.05) and it plays fine now.

Doh!

Comment

Working...