• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vaughn
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2002

TV out results in crooked rips?

I have just noticed an odd problem when playing my divx rips on my television. The picture is shifted over to the right about an inch too far! This is very noticable when you have text on the screen, it is never centered and always pushed over to the right. Obviously i am missing part of the picture as it is "cropped off".

The strange part is they display perfectly centered on my monitor which seems to indicate that it is not the movie at all. Also when i play back the original DVD it looks fine on both the monitor and TV. I am using the following equipment:

ATI Radeon 9200 with S-Video out
    19" RCA flat screen
    16:9 NTSC source material that has been cropped to 4:3 by Gknot but that should not matter since the monitor has no problems?

And yes the first thing i tried is to adjust was the video cards screen positon under TV properties and even though you can see the difference on your desktop with your icons moving side to side the movie is not affected by this.

Anyone else experience this problem or have any insight?
    Last edited by Vaughn; 10 Jul 2003, 02:06 PM.
  • Vaughn
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2002

Well i finally played around enough to fugure this out. Turns out it is an adjustment on the video card, if you go to overlay>clone mode options and click "same on all" on overlay display mode both the monitor and TV will display a centered picture. This is of course on a ATI card. I guess i should not have posted this late last night when i my brain was done for the night.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Good to see things are working out for you.

Comment

Working...