Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sphanlon
    • Jan 2002

What does this mean?

Someone is sending me some cds with backups of tv episodes I taped on them. They are in the following format: 352x288, 24 bits, 41559 frames, 23.993 frames/sec., 33 kb/sec., divxmpg4 v3. I have some understanding of this but can anyone please break this down into full english for me and tell me how good the quality will be, i.e. decent or crappy at fullscreen?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The first thing you have to do (if you haven't, as yet) is install a DivX codec (COmpressor/DEcompressor), so you'll be able to view the files that your kind friend made for you. You can download one of several versions (I'dd definitely obtain the ORIGINAL, v.3.11alpha) from this site:

Digital Digest DivX Xvid Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, Xvid and AVI articles, guides and software, latest news and updates

Once you've installed the codec, simply play one of the files under Windows Media Player. You can then make your own subjective determination about the quality.

You've only mentioned the video specifications and omitted mention of the audio specs. I;d suggest that, to be on the safe side, you should also download and install the (audio) Radium MP3 codec.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• abdul
      • Jan 2002

to setarip

Originally posted by setarip
      a DivX codec (COmpressor/DEcompressor
      Little HINT taken

Comment

Working...