Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abu63
    • Sep 2003

divx frame size

i am very new in this video format. please anyone answer my message. i record video almost everyday. each video about an hour length. i read in replicant2.com, dvdsqueeze, flix and many other. they claim that thier product can maintain the video quality captured by a videocam (like sony handycam). can backup your vhs tape with no loss quality. what i understand is, i record a scene, then use thier softwares, burn it on cd-r and get back the quality when i play it back on vcd player or dvd player. is that true?

second. my one hour video, if i want to fit it on a single cd-r, what is the best frame size i have to use to get the best video quality?

i hope any members or moderator can help me and i'm very please to see it in my email folder..
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Divx/Xvid should preserve good quality at lower bitrates. However, very few dvd players support thesef formats.

Many dvd players (though possibly not all) support the (s)(v)cd formats. Depending on the original recording the (s)(v)cd format(s) may cause little or substantial quality degredation. I would recommend you get more information on the basics, you will find that you do not need to "buy" many tools that are advertised---in some cases, they may simply be repackaged freeware.

Visit these sites for more help:

The latest news, guides and downloads for digital video (DVD, Blu-ray, DivX, Xvid ...), HD, 3D and gaming

Comment

Working...