Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan B.
    • Dec 2003

No Audio in anything - Reinstall problems

Just bought a new DVD and went to encode to XviD/Ogg (as I have done many times before with TheWEFs GK) and had some issues (d2v file kept coming up as invalid, something to do with the mpg2enc.dll), so downloaded a new version, 0.28.7 and the new codec pack, 1.6

After reinstall, I still had issues with GK, so uninstalled every codec and bit of software that is video related and reinstalled. GK works fine, but now none of my movies have audio playback.

This has me perplexed. G-Spot says everythng is fine, as does VDubMod in both older .avi files and newer .ogm files. I am trying to playback with Zoom Player 3.3b2Std on Win XP.

The DSH report from G-Spot stated it was able to 'render' using oggsplitter, with video using the ffdshow and audio using vorbis filters-->morgan stream switcher.

The only other thing I can think of is a video clip I watched on the'net the other day downloaded some new codecs for WMV9 but I'm not sure if there were any problems immediately after that.

Any ideas? I don't want to spend Christmas with no movies!
  • Dan B.
    • Dec 2003

It seems Morgan Stream Switcher was the culprit. Worked it out as it was something different in GK 28.6 -> 28.7

Uninstalled it. All works now.

Comment

Working...