X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicnorman
    • Mar 2004

avi suddenly at zero bytes

Hey.

My lovely xp system crashed again and upon restart decided to do an integrity check on a hard drive. It found some kind of error and repaired it. Now some .AVI, :mpeg and .ISO files on that drive have a filesize of zero bytes.

Is there anything i can do to repair them?

Victor
  • Fook Yu
    Shoe-shinner
    • Jan 2004

First, XP is incredably stable. Its the first MS release in which i have a lot of fate. It shouldn't crash all the time, actually it shouldn't crash at all. Did you try an restore point?

Load them in virtualdub and see what kind of messages you get, check the file info (post it).
    If Virtualdub can't open them then you could try to recover them with a file recovery programm, but don't get your hopes up high. If it works changes are high that the video will be corrupted.

I'm sorry to hear that your files got damaged by a system crash. Nothing is more annoying. Try to check your system, my computer (XP SP1) never crashes, very very seldom i get these "xxx encountered a problem and has to close...would you like to send an error report"........!@#$%@#$% NO!!!

And i'm running a pretty basic computer. A friend of mine had a packard bell and had a lot of hardware conflicts resulting in crashes all the time...but now i'm getting out of my debth since this i really something i know little about.

Ciao, e boa sorte.
    -------------------------
    Not active user anymore

Comment

• vicnorman
      • Mar 2004

Thanks man, got any file recovery apps to recommend?

Comment

• Fook Yu
        Shoe-shinner
        • Jan 2004

I'm afraid you will have to search the web, but it won't be to hard.

ciao
        -------------------------
        Not active user anymore

Comment

Working...