Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yas_Chan
    • Jun 2002

About the player

What player should I use? The Playa which comes with DivX 5 often hangs and I don't really like it anyway. BS Player seems to be good solution but the "line-effect" I mentioned in my earlier post happens there too. In addition there is massive slowdowns when I use this player.. My computer is Duron 900 with Radeon DDR... Hope to hear your experiences.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

WMP 6.4 and BSPlayer are good players, in addition to having small resource overhead.

Regarding your problem, have you tested the players with different video files or just THAT one which had the interlacing artifacts?

Comment

• Yas_Chan
      • Jun 2002

Yes

Yes, I've actually tested quite a few. "The Hunt" which I downloaded from DivX website works with no single error. Can I therefore safely presume that these flickers I've experienced are just problems in the individual video files, and are not actually problems in my system?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

The interlacing artifact is inherent only in that specific file you have. As for the slow down, I can only assume as I have stated in your other thread.

Comment

Working...