• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by jamoskeag3
    If you are having a problem with BB, call and complain. Works for me every time.
    last time I call because my wife forgot to cancel before the two weeks free trial, they thought I was not happy with the new A----- thing so they give me another month free
    sigpic

Comment

• mahoney19
      • Apr 2005

Just completed my first month with the bb ta service, I received 20 dvds in the mail from the online service, so that makes 40 dvds total for the month. Others have had problems with BB but for me it works well. The staff at the local BB brick and mortar store were bummed when I dropped the movie pass I had but understood why I went to the TA online because of me intersting movie and tv series preferences.

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

@mahoney19, ya had a pretty good month Getting around 20 movies a month from online and swapping them out at a B&M store, I see no need to keep the MP either, unless around 40 movies a month isn't enuff for ya.

Comment

• redeye13
          • Dec 2005

I'm sorry but Blockbuster is not even in the same league as Netflix. I've had Netflix for over a year & they are not perfect, but BB is terrible. I'm on my second trial with them. The warehouses closest to me are in the same city but the turn around time for BB is at least 2 days longer than NF, even when returning the movies to the store. The "customer service" department is usless for any problem that can't be answered with their "canned" training class indoctrination manual. I've called many times & have only received one intelligent answer, but even that was just to appease me. On a scale of 1 to 10, Netflix rates an 8 & Blockbuster a 2. The 2 is that high only because of the free rental when returning to the store. I can't believe BB hasn't gotten any beyyer with their service since the last time I tried them.

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Neither NF or BB is perfect or without bumps in the road. Monday I traded in 3 NF mail address flaps at my BB store and got 3 free rentals and a big Thank You. Today I got 2 more and will do the same tomorrow which is the last day to do so.
            I don't have an allegiance or stocks in either company but go to where I can get what I want and in the end the most bang for my buck, right now there are titles I want from both sites and with the TA thing it makes it even better. Last month around 70 DVDs between them both 50 for BB and 20 for NF for an average ~ $.50 each. I still have my NF account for now. Ya can't get hurt
            Last edited by jm1647; 21 Dec 2006, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• redeye13
              • Dec 2005

You say you can turn in Netflix labels at Blockbuster & receive movies?
              I hadn't heard about that but that would make BB worthwhile because their processing time, even when I return movies to the store, takes about 2 days longer than NF. Usually when I take a NF movie to the post office in the afternoon it shows up received the next morning & normally the next movie ships out that day. Sometimes it ships out the next day. BB never ships out the day after I takes it to the store. It won't usually ship out until the second or third day.
              Wish I knew about the NF flaps being exchanged at BB. You say it's over tomorrow?

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by redeye13
                You say you can turn in Netflix labels at Blockbuster & receive movies?
                I hadn't heard about that but that would make BB worthwhile because their processing time, even when I return movies to the store, takes about 2 days longer than NF. Usually when I take a NF movie to the post office in the afternoon it shows up received the next morning & normally the next movie ships out that day. Sometimes it ships out the next day. BB never ships out the day after I takes it to the store. It won't usually ship out until the second or third day.
                Wish I knew about the NF flaps being exchanged at BB. You say it's over tomorrow?

The NF label thing ends todat the 21st, didn't realize the time when I posted. The name on the flap has to exactly match the BB acount, ya can even join free at BB and do it the same day.

I had some terrible turnaround times with both NF and BB and even went as far as accusing my USPS mailman of watching them Now with the TA thing it don't matter, I check 'em in at the store, get a freee in store rental immediately, and within a day they ship the next online one. Usually, that is if they don't pull the 30-40 "AVAILABLE" movies in my queue. when they do that I complain and get free rental coupons most of the time

Edit - I found out about it on the net before it started and the signs were posted in my BB store. I was surprised NF didn't tell us NF users about it
                Last edited by jm1647; 22 Dec 2006, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• redeye13
                  • Dec 2005

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have 4 NF labels here now. I think I'll call BB here to see if they know about it. I'm in an area that is rural & slow to know what's going on.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by redeye13
                    Thanks for the info. I have 4 NF labels here now. I think I'll call BB here to see if they know about it. I'm in an area that is rural & slow to know what's going on.
                    I'm glad to help people get deals, I hope ya make out I'm pretty sure it started Dec 5th, here's a google search with results http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...at+blockbuster

Comment

• mahoney19
                      • Apr 2005

The one problem I have run in with the TA at BB is the way some employees check in the online rentals when you exchange them. If they dont do something correctly you still get your free instore rental but they dont get checked off your online list until they are received in the mail. I have then used the returned button online and have the next sent out. Still better for me than Netflix.

Comment

• katzdvd
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Feb 2006

Well, I finally got fed up enough with the "throttling" to call the 1-800# today. The CSR stated that they definantly DO NOT do "throttling" (of course not )

But, she said it was "weird" (technical term highly trained CSR are taught to use, comes complete with a lot of giggling) that I wasn't getting the next avail. movies in my queue until 4-5 days after I returned the mailers to the store. She is having a "technician" look into the problem, so I know I'm in good hands now!

SO, to make it all better, she sent me (3) count em' 3! e coupons... I tried to tell her that I don't need gimmick, I just want for them to ship out the next avail. movies w/o sitting on them for a few days.

She reassured me that the technican will look at my account to determine the cause of the problem...

looks like I may be making a bi-weekly call to BB for 3 ecoupons...
                        Last edited by katzdvd; 23 Dec 2006, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by mahoney19
                          The one problem I have run in with the TA at BB is the way some employees check in the online rentals when you exchange them. If they dont do something correctly you still get your free instore rental but they dont get checked off your online list until they are received in the mail. I have then used the returned button online and have the next sent out. Still better for me than Netflix.
                          @mahoney - thats the way it works You get the free instore swap, the next available DVD is supposed to ship within 24 hours (weekends and holidays not included), and the DVD stays in your online queue until it is received back at the distribution center.

The staying in the queue until received is BB way of tracking the DVD is received back at the distribution center. I have had as many as 6 DVDs showing as not received but my next DVD was shipped.

@katz - Works for me too It seems calling the 800 # is always better than an email. I had an email go back and forth 4 times with no coupon with the last I sent unanswered for 5 hours. I sent a new email about it and got an answer with a free rental coupon. I also ordered a collection and received only 1 DVD that wasn't the collection (seems it was catalogued wrong online) I called and got 2 free rental coupons)

Comment

• BR7
                            He is coming to your little town!
                            • Aug 2005

I just dumped Netflix and signed up for Blockbuster I got a 4 week free trial.I just make sure about eCoupons.You can only use 1 per week right?

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Nov 2005

BR7,
                              I think they are down to one coupon per month now, cause you can now use your movie return envelops as coupons by returning to retail store.
                              Last edited by jamoskeag3; 27 Dec 2006, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• BR7
                                He is coming to your little town!
                                • Aug 2005

OK thanks

EDIT
                                cause you can now use your movie return envelops as coupons by returning to retail store.
                                Is there a limit on those?
                                Last edited by BR7; 27 Dec 2006, 05:02 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...